Whether you’re a minimalist or a hedonist, there are some pieces of clothing no man can do without. Age being no bar here. It doesn’t matter if you’re a 20 something trying to figure out life, or a 40 year old corporate honcho, or a 60 year old dude planning your retirement in the mountains — these pieces are for every man. Consider these 5 essentials to lend a strong core to your wardrobe. So invest in them wisely and let them take you a long way…
- A CRISP WHITE SHIRT – You can ever go wrong with this humble classic. Be it work, a bar or the beach — a white shirt is to your wardrobe, what tonic is to gin, and ice is to your single malt. If you don’t own one already, we are not judging you. All we are suggesting is you get one now, and see how this multi-functional classic changes your life for the better.
2. PLAIN BLACK TEE – Whether you’re planning to party all night or lounge about at home, you can hardly underestimate the value this plain piece of black can add to your wardrobe. It’s your answer to the constant dilemma of what to wear when all else seems to be to too daunting. At such times, turn to this friend and let it sort you out. A basic black tee will never fail you.
3. DEEP BLUE DENIMS – Not a light one, nor a medium one, but specifically deep blue denims. Not only are they a great option for casual days, but they also help double-up on formal occasions. They can literally be worn everyday and require little washing. Reason enough to get one in your life? The answer is a resounding YES!
4. A TAILORED BLACK SUIT – No man should ever go without this one in his wardrobe at any point in his life. It’s your go to for any kind of event that comes close to being formal. When in doubt, turn to this power ensemble. You’ll be surprised how sharp you can look without trying too hard.
5. A DENIM SHIRT – Classic, cool and effortless, the denim shirt is a true savior when you’re trying to strike a fine balance between being casual and sharp. It’s got the potential to take you from day to night, all seven days of the week.
If you find any of these pieces missing in your closet, it’s time you go shopping. Trust us, these 5 essentials will lay a rock-solid foundation for your wardrobe.