Often undermined, a white shirt is one of the most powerful pieces in your closet. It’s got the potential to be worn differently, for different occasions. Wonder how? We bring you 5 ways to regurgitate that same white shirt and suit your need.
1. Wear it with your black suit – When in doubt about what to wear to a formal event, turn to a black suit and your humble white shirt. Polish your look with a slim black neck tie. This classic combo is a savior and makes sure you look dapper without trying too hard.
2. Wear it denims – A no-brainer, trust this combo to take you from a casual day at work to a drinks night with ease. Team it with sneakers or loafers, and you’re good to go.
3. Wear it with trousers – Take that same white shirt to your boardroom meeting – team it with a pair of slick grey or navy trousers, and oxford shoes for maximum effect.
4. Wear it with shorts – Give your khaki shorts an upgrade – pair your classic white number with them for a lazy Sunday brunch or a chill day at the beach.
5. Wear it with a printed suit or jacket- Whether it’s checks, stripes, or a floral print – count on this white shirt to be a suitable companion. The key is to tone things down, and your white shirt lets you do just that.