Wondering if your wardrobe is missing out on some essential accessories?
We bring you a check-list to go through and solve this dilemma.
1. A Slim Black Tie – Trust a slim black tie, white shirt and a black suit to take you places. It’s probably the safest way to look dapper without trying too hard.
2. Cuff links – When an event demands you look your formal best, remember to turn to a shirt with French cuffs and fasten your cuff links. A silver or black pair is your safest bet.
3. A Pocket Square – This meagre little piece of fabric can elevate your suit or summer jacket in minutes. From solids to prints, the options here are plenty. But we’d suggest picking one in a bright print, since it’s easier to team with different coloured suits.
4. A Credit Card Holder – Make a neat, leather credit card and cash holder part of your daily life. It’s one of the most organised ways to keep your monies in place, without you having to look for your credit cards in your pockets and other places, when the time comes to swipe.
5. Formal Lace-Up Shoes – Pick one in a tan brown and a black. They are an indispensable part of any man’s wardrobe, especially if you’re living your 9-5 in a suit.
6. A Leather Watch – Make sure you invest in a classic leather watch. They look sharp, with both casuals and formal clothes.
7. Slim Belt – a skinny leather belt is a great way to polish off your formal look. While they help keep your trousers on your waist, they just add an element of finesse to your look. Please keep both, a tan brown and black one handy at all times.
8. Sunglasses- Beach or no beach, a pair of slick sunglasses are as essential to your wardrobe, as your cup of morning coffee is. Remember to go for a classic one – think aviators or wayfarers, depending on the cut of your face.