5 Books You Must Read Before 2018 Ends
We are quarter of the way through 2018, and if you haven’t read these books, we suggest you get your hands on them as soon as you can. Some will inspire you, some will make you question things and some will will give you teach you a thing or two about life. Here are some of favourite books, that left a mark on us —
1. The Power of habit by Charles Duhigg –
Wondering why those stubborn habits never seem to leave you? This non-fiction book explains exactly how our habits get deeply embedded in our system through an exhilarating mix of psychology, history, marketing, and neuroscience.
How habits work and shape us — all explained in this thought-provoking book.
The Power of Habit
2. Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harari – This ground-breaking book explains exactly how Us, humans became the most dominant species in the world and how we drove all our fellow human species into existence. It throws light on our brief history – the myths we created and we’re headed in the years to come. Bold and interesting, this book is sure to answer a lot of your questions surrounding humankind.
3. Homo Deus by Yuval Noah Harari- Call it a sequel to the above book, Homo Deus talks about the brief history of tomorrow. It raises some serious questions – what will become of us when we’ll be ruled by highly intelligent algorithms, and where our unending quest for turning into immortals is going to drive us. This book will make you think of things you have probably never given a spec of your attention to.
4. 12 Rules for Life by Jordan B Peterson – Questioning the meaning of life and your very existence? This book may sound like a self help book, it’s anything but that. Every thing you read comes with experiences and explanations of our everyday lives. It provides simple but essential remedies to the chaos that surround our world. Read it, and you’ll know what we mean.
5. Influence – The Psychology of Persuasion by Dr. Robert Cialdini
This extensively researched book gives you the answer to how and why people say a YES. It teaches you the skill of becoming a seasoned persuader and gives you the knowledge of how protect yourself from other seasoned persuaders. Based on the principles of marketing, this book gives you tools that can be applied in all walks of life.