The Best Shirt Color to Wear for Your Interview
It is essential to create an excellent first impression during an interview, and the perfect interview outfit will do just that when you first walk into a room. Finding the proper attire for your interview is one thing but finding it in the required color is another.
So what is the best color shirt for an interview?
Researching and even calling the interviewing company may help you learn more about their dress code. Learning about their dress code may also give you more insights, such as what color shirt for the interview is most suitable, among other factors.
What Type of Shirt is Best for Your Interview?
If the hiring organization has a formal dressing code, leaning into a more professional look may increase your chances of getting hired. So how can you dress the part?
You can do this by wearing a formal shirt color for your interview. How can you identify the best formal shirt color for your interview?
First things first, you have to familiarize yourself with the types of formal shirts in the market. For men, these include dress shirts and button-down shirts such as Oxfords. Other formal shirts include the weaves Poplin, Gingham, Dobby, and Twill.
Women may also wear all the above shirts other than one-piece outfits, skirts, and trousers. So what is the best interview shirt color?
What Color Shirt Should You Wear to An Interview?
Sticking to your hiring organization’s dressing code may give you an upper hand during your interview. The following key points mainly characterize formal wear:
- Neutral colors- Blue, white, navy, gray, black, or brown.
- Minimal patterns help avoid deviating attention from your skills and qualifications.
- Solid colors- These work well if you like to play it safe.
Bombay Shirt Company provides you with a variety of shirts. We also go the extra mile to offer custom-made pieces so that you can look the part and look good while at it. We have something for everyone!
Men’s Best Formal Shirt Color for An Interview
If you have an upcoming interview and are probably wondering, “what color shirt should I wear to my interview?” Choosing a formal shirt color for your interview has the potential to be as easy as you would desire it to be.
Here are a few of our products that may provide you with insights on what is the best color shirt to wear to an interview:
- The Thomas Mason Honeysuckle Striped shirt
- The Salt Crush Checked shirt
- The Wrinkle-Resistant Snowflake Twill shirt
- The Crema Stretch Satin shirt
Hopefully, the above examples help you determine what color shirt is suitable for your interview.
Women’s Best Formal Shirt Color for An Interview
Have you gone through your closet and still cannot answer the daunting question, “what color shirt should I wear to my interview?” If so, you might want to pause and look at our Pause collection.
Moreso, if you are the type that loves unique pieces, you would love our selection of tops. You can never go wrong with our shirts as our collection offers a variety of the best color shirts for your interview.
Here are a few examples to inspire you on the best color of shirt for your interview:
- The Going Places shirt.
- The Shades Of Cool shirt
- The Black Magic shirt
- The On A Good Day top
So have you gained some ideas on what color shirt to wear for your interview? If not, there are many more unique customizable pieces on our website.
How to Properly Complete Your Interview Look
Now that you know what color shirt to wear to an interview, we can complete the look. The key here is to be minimal with your finishing touches. A few tips for nailing your final interview look include:
- Wearing your formal shirt with dress pants or slacks.
- Ensuring you smell good- Dab, a little cologne as the last thing you want, is for it to be overpowering.
- Pairing your outfit with neatly polished formal shoes- Ladies may wear heels for a bolder statement.
- Ensuring your tie is of the right length- Its tip should not go beyond your belt.
- Going easy on the make-up and accessories- Remember, less is more!
- Ensuring your hair is neat and well shaven or that your chosen hairstyle is suitable for the occasion.
- Ensuring your outfits are of the right fit as they should neither be too loose nor tight. You can quickly solve this by investing in more custom-made pieces.
Best Apparel Company in Mumbai
If you are still doubtful about what color shirt to wear for your interview, our dedicated stylists will be happy to provide you with the much-needed solutions on the same.
At Bombay Shirts Company, we are not only focused on receiving your orders but are also keen on providing lasting solutions for all your queries. Our professional stylists have expertise in design and can recommend an outfit that will give you the confidence to look your best at the interview.
Contact us today to help you get the best color shirt for your interview.